This fresh salsa is absolutely the best! Cilantro and fresh lime juice add so much flavor. Pair it with good corn chips and dig in! My family loves when I make it! If there are leftovers I store them the refrigerator for a couple of days.
Make sure to choose firmer tomatoes and cucumbers for a crunchier salsa. For this recipe I use my veggie chopper. I use this to chop veggies, hardboiled eggs, strawberries, potatoes and more.
Now lets make some salsa!
Fresh cilantro lime salsaCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Delicious fresh salsa and so easy to make!
1 large firm English cucumber
3 large tomatoes( I use tomatoes on a vine)
2 green bell peppers
1 small red or Vidalia onion
small bunch of fresh cilantro ( 1/4 cup chopped)
1 teaspoon kosher salt (adjust to salt)
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (adjust to taste)
1/4 cup of olive oil (I use the kind that is used for sauteing, but extra virgin or vegetable oil will work))
- Chop the onion and add it to the large bowl that you will be using for mixing your salsa..
- Juice limes and pour freshly squeezed juice over the onion. This improves flavor quite a bit, getting rid of strong “oniony” taste and adds crunch.
- If you have a chopper: slice veggies into thick slices so they can fit into the chopper opening. Chop cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper and add to the bowl with onion and lime juice.
- If you do not have a chopper, cut veggies using a knife into similar sized small cubes.
- Chop cilantro greens and add to the veggie mix.
- Sprinkle salsa with salt and pepper, add olive oil, mix well and serve with you favorite corn chips!
- I refrigerate salsa for up to three days and stir before serving leftovers.
- Add some extra lime juice to up the flavor.
- Link to the veggie chopper similar to mine at the end of this post.
Link to the veggie chopper. I use very similar one.
Fullstar Vegetable Chopper – Spiralizer Vegetable Slicer – Onion Chopper with Container – Pro Food Chopper – Black Slicer Dicer Cutter – 4 Blades https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0764HS4SL/ref=cm_sw_r_oth_api_glt_fabc_7K8542HVHAS3S5YQFGBN