Cranberry sauce jello dessertCourse: DessertsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Seeing fresh cranberries in our fridge usually means winter holidays are approaching! Cranberries are not only pretty but also delicious when prepared well! Plus they are really good for us and have many known health benefits. Last year I came up with this cranberry jello dessert recipe that quickly became a favorite in our house and I hope it becomes a favorite in your household as well! And it’s so easy to make! I use fresh cranberries and either strawberry or raspberry jello packets in my recipe. I use my large 13×9 inch glass pyrex baking dish or jello mold to chill this dessert.
12 oz fresh cranberries (1bag)
1/2 cup of sugar (I use organic unbleached)
2 (6 oz) packs of jello strawberry, raspberry or orange flavor
2.5 cups of water
4 cups of ice ( add at the last step)
- In a small saucepan add cranberries, water, sugar and cook on medium. Begin stirring it periodically once it comes to boil and until cranberries soften and pop and sugar dissolves. Cooking time is about 10-15 minutes. At the end of cooking time cranberry sauce will thicken some. I use my ground meat chopper tool to stir and smash cranberries during cooking.
- Once cranberries are soft and done add contents of jello packs to the mixture and stir until jello granules dissolve.
- Turn off the stove and add ice to hot cranberry sauce. Stir until ice melts. Ice helps instantly cool the dessert mixture and it’s ready to pour and chill immediately.
- Pour it into jello mold or a pretty deep dish of your choice.
- Chill overnight. Then slice your dessert and serve with a dollop of any whipped topping! Enjoy and please let me know in comments how it turned out!
- ❗️if you are using decorative glasses or champagne flutes to serve jello in, wait until mixture cools to room temperature before pouring and refrigerating to avoid glass cracking❗️Refrigerate overnight or until sets. Cut into serving sizes if prepared using large dish. Serve with a dollop of any whipped topping and enjoy! Next photo is a version of this dessert I made using bund pan. Once desert is fully chilled I use bowl of hot water from the tap to dip bottom of my Bundt pan in for about 10 seconds. Then I put serving plate on the top of the pan and flip jello onto the serving plate! Very easy!