Homemade Chex mix makes a perfect snack! Our family likes both sweet and salty kinds of Chex mix.
Homemade Chex mix is very easy to make and ingredients are simple.
I found out by experimenting with this recipe that baking cinnamon butter sweet Chex mix works better in shallow pan. It gets crunchy in no time, while a deeper baking pan extends baking time significantly.
Basics about making homemade Chex mix.
For your cinnamon butter sweet Chex mix use any type of Chex cereal or combine two kinds just like I did in this recipe.
Nothing adds to buttery flavor like butter itself! Butter coupled with cinnamon makes a delicious pairing. Sugar, to make it nice and sweet!
And of course add ons! I used butter pretzel mix, candy corn and butterscotch morsels. Coated in bit of powdered sugar its a mix between Chex mix and muddy buddies treat!
CINNAMON BUTTER SWEET CHEX MIXCourse: SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Ingredients FOR SWEET SAUCE
1 stick of butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup water
1/8 teaspoon salt
- CEREALS AND ADD ON INGREDIENTS
4 cups rice Chex cereal
4 cups corn Chex or cinnamon Chex cereal
4 cups butter pretzel twists
butter scotch morsels
4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line two shallow baking pans with foil or parchment paper.
- In a sauce pan on low heat butter, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, water and salt.
- Stir butter mixture frequently until sugar melts. remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl combine 2 kinds of Chex cereal and pretzel twists.
- Gradually pour butter cinnamon mixture over cereal-pretzel mix while stirring well.
- Keep mixing until butter-cinnamon sauce is evenly coating Chex mix.
- Divide Chex mix in two bathes and spread evenly onto 2 baking pans lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes stirring halfway through baking time.
Add more baking time if Chex mix is still soft.
- Remove baked cinnamon butter Chex mix from the oven and cool in baking pans.
- Put cooled Chex mix into a large bowl, add powdered sugar and stir until mix is evenly coated.
- Add butter scotch morsels and candy corn. Store in an airtight container up to a week. No need to refrigerate. Enjoy!