This is my own recipe for delicious baked pumpkin donuts.
It is beginning of September and I am testing lots of comfort food recipes and of course pumpkin everything just in time for those chilly fall mornings! These go great with a hot cup of coffee!
I use real organic pumpkin puree in this recipe. Cake batter is not that sweet but confection sugar glaze frosting adds a perfect hint of sweetness.
I use 2 silicone donut baking pans to make these delicious baked pumpkin donuts. Two baking pans at 6 donuts each makes total of 12 donuts.
These are delicious with a cup of hot coffee or a glass of milk! I hope you like this recipe!
Baked pumpkin donutsCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
I make batter in my standing mixer using a paddle attachment. I beat wet ingredients on medium for about a minute and then fold in dry ingredients and mix on medium-low for about a minute or until combined. The batter mixes well and is not lumpy at all.
cake batter Ingredients
1.5 cups of white unbleached flour
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of ground pumpkin spice mix
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup light brown sugar not packed
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cooking oil spray for spraying baking forms
- FROSTING GLAZE INGREDIENTS
2 tablespoons of milk
1.5 cups of confection sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray baking forms with cooking spray. If you are using silicone donut forms set them on a metal cookie sheet to prevent batter from spilling.
- Measure your dry ingredients. Put flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Mix dry ingredients with a spoon to combine.
- In the mixer bowl add pumpkin puree, milk, light brown sugar, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Beat wet ingredients for about 1 minute on medium speed.
- Add dry ingredients to wet batter and mix to combine well for about a minute. Batter will not be thin.
- Spoon batter into 12 donut forms and bake at 350 degrees F for 23-27 minutes. I had 2 trays on 2 oven shelves so I rotated them after 12 minutes to make sure batter was evenly baked. To check for readiness lightly press donut with a finger and if no mark left then donuts are done.
- Once donuts are done remove them from baking forms and start making glaze. You do not need to wait for the donuts to cool. Frosting warm donuts helps glaze cure better.
- HOW TO MAKE A DONUT GLAZE
- Pour 2 tablespoons of milk into a small bowl.
- Add 1.5 cups of confection sugar to milk and mix very well.
- Spread the glaze with a spatula on top of warm donuts and enjoy you delicious dessert!
- If there is leftovers store them covered for 2 days.